“This Christmas will look a little different than usual.” Aren’t you tired of that phrase? Here at Groove Life, we take the typical and make it AWESOME.
So today, we’re trashing that tired old phrase and replacing it with this.
A new kind of Christmas opens the door to lots of exciting ways to celebrate in 2020.
That’s right. We refuse to believe that this Christmas has to be depressing. When life gives you lemons, make spiked lemonade and have a party.
And remember this… Christmas is the season of giving. And giving doesn’t have to stop, even if the whole world stays home.
If you’re looking for some awesome gift ideas for the whole family, click here.
Here are some ways you can make this Christmas at home the best ever.
How to make Christmas 2020 extra awesome.
Step One: Make a fun list and check it twice
Get your kids together and have a family meeting to brainstorm all of your favorite Christmas activities! Then, think of ways you can do them at home.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Grab some hot chocolate (bonus points if it’s from a local business) and drive around looking at Christmas lights! You don’t even have to get out of your car.
- Have a Christmas movie marathon in the living room. Grab all of your pillows and blankets and pile up by the Christmas tree to watch Elf and The Grinch. Don’t forget all the holiday snacks.
- Have a Christmas baking day! Treat yourself to your favorite Christmas goodies. Or, if you’re feeling laid back, grab them from the store! Just make sure it feels - and tastes - a lot like Christmas in your home.
- Can’t go ice skating this year? Have your kids thrown on their favorite Christmas sweaters and your most slippery Christmas socks and skate on your kitchen floor! Or, if you’re extra adventurous, go rollerblading around the neighborhood. Don’t forget to wear your Groove Ring for this one!
- Go all out with Christmas dinner. Who cares if it’s just you and the kids? Make a few of your favorite dishes and party it up like it’s 2019. After all, 2021 is just around the corner but the “Stay Home Christmas” memories will last a lifetime.
Step Two: Plan a surprise for someone else
When the going gets tough… the tough start giving. Sounds cheesy, we know, but serving someone else always gets those warm fuzzies going. It may be easy to think that there’s nothing we can do this year, especially for those of us who have to stay home, but that is far from true!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Donate to a local homeless shelter. COVID-19 made homelessness and poverty a lot worse. If restrictions won’t allow you to volunteer, you still can donate to local ministries so they can make sure nobody is cold and hungry during the holidays.
- Bring a meal to somebody who is stuck at home. If you know an immunocompromised person, pick up their favorite take-out and drop it off at their home.
- Ding dong dash some Christmas cheer. Even if you can’t visit family and friends this year, you can still surprise them with goodies! Wrap up some sparkling cider and holiday popcorn and drop it on the doorstep! It’s sanitary, safe, and super sweet.
- Pick up the check for someone else. When you’re in the drive-thru, why not pay for the person behind you? Even if they never know who blessed them, it’s nice to know that there are kind people in this world, especially this year.
Step Three: Give meaningful gifts.
While it may be tempting to just grab the newest electronic or a random shirt for everyone on your list, why not give something a little different this year? We specialize in creating awesome gear for everyone. From Marvel and Tony Hawk silicone rings to leopard print smart watch bands and the most comfortable belts in history, you’re sure to find the perfect gift in no time! Click here to browse our 2020 Christmas Shopping Gift Guide or head over to our website.
We hope this list helped you to think of creative ways to make this winter a wonderful holiday season.
© 2021 MARVEL